Reports To: Managing Director
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt
Wage Basis: Annual base wage plus commissions
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week or as needed
Position Location: Virtual Home Office, Client Sites
The enPower Technology Solutions (“enPower”) Client Technology Manager (“CTM”) is the liaison between our technology team and our clients. Traditionally referred to as an account manager, the CTM will have direct responsibility for the growth, development and overall satisfaction of existing clients. CTMs work to nurture existing client relationships, including working closely with the clients to establish short and long-term technology goals and plans. CTMs serve as basic project managers, coordinating efforts between our back office and implementation teams to ensure smooth project executions. In addition, CTMs work hand-in-hand with enPower’s outreach team to create and execute new marketing strategies and build our online presence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve and maintain a full understanding of enPower’s technology solutions and service offerings.
- Achieve and maintain a working knowledge of current technology and technology standards.
- Client account management, with duties including but not limited to:
- Working with clients to understand clients’ industry, goals and objectives and assisting clients with building technology plans and approaches to achieve these goals and objectives.
- Understanding and developing client technology infrastructures and general technology needs.
- Communicating and meeting with clients on a regular basis.
- Maintaining key business relationships with clients, including assisting clients with vendor relationships and management.
- Monitoring client technology equipment life cycles to develop and work with clients on technology obsolesce plans.
- Assist with preparing client facing presentations, proposals, quotes and agreements.
- Develop financial projections for clients as they relate to technology services and improvements.
- Assist with/develop/coordinate basic client training.
- Assist with project/service implementations, including basic project management.
- Work with internal technology and operations teams to facilitate above listed duties and meet the needs of our clients.
- Assist enPower Outreach team in creating and maintaining marketing materials, website content and social media presence.
- Coordinate marketing and lead generation activities.
- Utilize enPower ticketing/tracking systems to document client information, project/service requests, sales opportunities and to otherwise facilitate internal workflows.
- Participate in regular team meetings and activities.
- Participate in enPower’s Continuing Education Program in a manner benefiting the position.
- Participate and contribute to enPower’s team, community and philanthropic activities.
- Participate and contribute to educational and other endeavors tying to enPower’s purpose: Building Engaged Communities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Certifications Required
- Previous experience with account management for a Managed Service Provider.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with proven efficiencies.
- Ability to work independently and/or with limited supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- General understanding and knowledge of technology/industry trends.
- Understanding of and experience working with multiple hardware and software platforms and vendors.
- Basic project management skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with creating and developing IT related budgets.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
Core Values and Principles
All enPower employees are expected to uphold enPower’s Vision and Core Values, to perform tasks with integrity and honesty, to serve Clients and others by working to improve upon ideas and offerings, to take initiative in personal and company growth and to lead by example.
- Must have ability to work in a virtual office setting.
- Must have reliable Internet and cell service.
- Must have reliable transportation and proof of valid auto liability insurance.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check.
enPower is based on a virtual office model. This means that generally this position’s work is performed from the employee’s home office, with environmental conditions set to individual preference. A large portion of a CTM’s work is conducted at a computer or telephone, with extended periods of sitting or standing. The nature of this work is that it has frequent interruptions, contact with the public and clients, performance of repetitive tasks and requires strong communication abilities. Frequent travel is required with the potential of working beyond normal business hours.
This position requires the ability to sit or stand up to 7.5 hours or more at a time and sufficient auditory and visual acuity such as needed to interact with others in person, via telephone or via web meeting. In addition, this position will travel frequently and the person in this position may be asked to assist in transporting equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
Benefits for this position include:
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- Monthly cell phone stipend.
- Monthly internet stipend.
- Basic technology equipment necessary to perform required duties.
- Commission structure as outlined in enPower’s commission program.
The above is intended to outline the general functions, objectives and responsibilities of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Additionally, this position may evolve as enPower evolves to include or remove duties as applicable.
enPower Technology Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.